Types of wounds and treatments you can do at home : whether to consult a doctor or not?March 30, 2022 1:35 pm
We everyone had wound at least once in a lifetime. Either at school time when you were playing or by an unexpected accident. Some wounds are superficial which effects only the outer layer of the skin. But some wounds cause damage to the underlying skin.
Wounds are generally categorized to two open wounds and closed wounds. Open wounds are the ones where the skin is torn or cut where as closed wounds are those caused by blunt blow. Closed wounds have internal tissue damage even if the skin is not torn.
Superficial or minor wounds can be treated at home by following the simple steps:
- Wash and disinfect the wound area.
- Apply pressure to control bleeding
- Wrap the wound using a sterilized cloth or cotton.
- Take wound healing medication.
However, you need to consult a doctor if:
- The wound is deeper.
- The bleeding does not stop.
- The wound is caused by a major accident.
- The bleeding does not stop after 15 mints.
- If the wound is on head and you are having nausea or dizziness.
- If you experience inflammation or swelling that does not go after an hour or increase gradually.
Wound care at home is possible if the wound is minor. Take necessary steps and do consult a doctor if needed.